Monday, February 15, 2016

J. Crew Review: Toggle Coat, Cowlneck Sweatshirt, Perfect Cable Sweater, Mixed Stripe T-Shirt and Ridge Plaid Shirt

Now that the sale section is only 30% off it's becoming a little easier to resist the temptation of buying stuff I don't need. I keep on scouring though looking for a little bargain or random return. Although I'm looking forward to spring goodies I can't even imagine wearing them yet since it was -8 degrees this morning! It seems one of our pipes has frozen because our hot water is acting funky and the laundry isn't working. I can honestly say this might be the coldest day I've ever experienced! Luckily, a good day to cozy up on the couch with my 6 year old and watch a movie (while the baby sleeps). And of course, catch up on a little blogging...

Wool Melton Toggle Coat (size 0) in Heather Antique
I was excited to see this on the sale rack. I actually like this color quite a bit and the wool melton is lovely to the touch. The 0 was a bit tight so I would probably go with my normal size 2. It's a little long on my 5'4" frame but overall it's a nice coat. I'm not particularly into toggle coats or I might have purchased this one. I like this Petite Toggle Coat by Pendleton. On sale and I bet it's well made. This one with leather details is quite adorable too.

I'm always looking for casual weekend wear that doesn't look too schmupy. I love the cowlneck on this sweatshirt - it stands up on its own which makes it extra warm and cozy. The lining is fleecy and the side pockets are great. My only quibble - the drop shoulders! Argh! I feel like they made me look thick on top. Otherwise this is cozy great loungewear.

Perfect Cable Sweater (XS)
I tried this on before in a size small but I prefer my usual XS. The only problem, as the online reviews state, is that the sweater runs a little short. Otherwise I think it is a great cable sweater - really classic looking, and I love the little buttons on the shoulders. I don't particularly mind the plastic buttons but they could easily be replaced if they were not your taste. The Tipped Cable Sweater also looks promising. I also LOVE a good cowlneck and would consider this lovely cable cowlneck sweater at Ann Taylor.

 Mixed Stripe T-Shirt (XS) in Ivory Black gray
Stripes. I can never resist trying on a stripe. The XS fit perfectly - fitted enough but with a little extra room. The sleeves on this are a bit roomy as well but in a nice way. The variation on stripes is fun - I mean how many different ways can you do a striped shirt? I feel like we've maxed out the variations. Cute, on sale, if you need casual stripes, yes! For me, I'm going to hold out and buy the Striped Boatneck Tunic if they offer free shipping again. Love this one as it feels slightly sweater-y, fitted and a bit longer.

I love this plaid but my husband thinks it looks too butch. In any case, it's soft and flannely. That's about all I can say. This is 2 sizes down from my normal and I would probably just take the size 0 although I liked that the 00 looked slimmer. My main complaint is the pockets on the chest. I avoid pockets like the plague because I have a larger chest.

I'm so used to perusing the sale section in the morning but I haven't really bothered lately. Think I may be maxed out for now. Can you even believe that the midi skirt in mirrored floral is already down to $79.99? Review of that upcoming...



No comments:

Post a Comment