Friday, February 19, 2016

J. Crew Review: Some New Arrivals!

It's fun to hear the generally positive reviews of J Crew's latest arrivals. I'm really hoping that things start going right - better fit, better fabric, less crazy. I'm not really ready for spring yet but I love seeing the spring colors and prints drip in. So uplifting.
Speaking of spring, I just ordered these mugs from Rob Turner. They are reminiscent of my mother-in-laws cups and always make me feel so cheery. They remind me to take a moment to slow down and have a cup of tea.

Paneled Geometric Jacquard Pencil Skirt (size 2)
This reminds me so much of something else J Crew did recently. Maybe the Italian Tweed Sheath Dress? There's also a similar style at Loft but with a little flippy portion at the bottom - the paneling looks like it would be flattering. The J Crew one is made of a nice thick material and the paneling should be flattering (although I didn't find it particularly so). This is a size 2, I'm usually a size 0 in pencil skirts but I do waiver back and forth these days. I liked the way it fit in my waist - I'm so tired of things being too snug on my post baby belly. I wish it were just a bit shorter. Overall it's nice just not my style.

Colorblock Stripe Skirt (size 0)
I keep on trying this skirt on. Everyone's saying it runs true to size but it's definitely tight in my usual size 0. It's cute because it's simple but the length really is a little long for my 5'4" self. I'm liking the look of this adorable LemLem Colorblock Skirt as an alternative.

 Floral Lace-Shoulder Top (size 0) in Pale Rose
I generally like these flowy poly blouses from J Crew. They are simple and easy to throw on with skinny pants. I like this color and the lace detail is adorable. I usually size down in these blouses and while I liked how the 0 felt through the body it was slightly tight across the bust. Cute. Easy wardrobe staple.

 Tippi Sweater (size S)
I think I reviewed this previously but just wanted to give another shout out for this color. It's so great!
Plus, I think I like the new Tippi better than the old. The longer sleeves are better in my opinion. I almost always size up for a little more drape.

 Collection Cashmere V-Neck Sweater (size S)
Indigo Skinny Ankle Jean (Banana Republic size 26)
Ugg Chaney Bomber Boots (size 8 - half size up)
Here's what I wore shopping Not exciting but those BR Jeans are AWESOME and totally on sale right now. I wear them all the time and they look great - they give but don't stretch out too much.
The cashmere sweater has so many terrible reviews online but I have been loving it, plus the color is glorious. My friend has really good luck with Bloomie's Cashmere - I found this v-neck version on sale, and this more fitted version too. Plus the blue color on this one is gorgeous!

And my Ugg boots have been workhorses. For some reason I hate being bothered with socks so I love slipping them on but looking put together. They also come in suede and a higher version which is really tempting.Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. I would never have looked twice at that colorblock striped skirt, but it looks fab on you. I am adding it to my cart to try when I place my next order.

    ReplyDelete