Sunday, November 29, 2015

J. Crew Review: Some sale and Lace Panel Dress

I did a quickie run-in to J Crew on Black Friday and I was shocked, not in a good way. There was no signage about the "special 40% off" items and no treats or even particularly festive music. And most of the SA's were wandering around like deer in headlights. And it was pretty empty. Anyway, I wasn't looking for anything anyway but I was hoping for an air of excitement (which at least Anthropologie had down the way...)

Favorite Shirt (size 2)
I need a new white shirt and this one was excellent except it was so transparent. I really liked the length, the fit, the covered button placket, everything. Felt only slightly roomy in my usual size 2. I also ordered this classic white shirt which is slightly less transparent and also fits well. Not sure how I feel about 3/4 sleeves, but I might have to check this one out as well. Haven't tried this one at the GAP yet, but it's a steal at around $24.

Flare Dress in Watercolor Floral Print (size 2)

I've tried this on before. It's quite lovely and gives a really flattering silhouette. It is a little snug in my usual 2 but then again so are most things these days. Once winter hits, my body seems to want to pack on a little extra love around my middle... I did buy the shorts and I think they're adorable!

Perforated Drapey Side-Slit Dress (size 2)
I own the previous version of this in a size 0. This 2 felt really big. It looks fine in the picture but it just felt awkward. The previous version had complaints of a high waist but this one seems too low. Anyway, I do really like this dress and the color is bright and fun.

Lace Panel Dress (size 0)
This is the only new arrival I tried on and I think it will be quite popular. The placement of the lace is flattering and the overall shape feels classic and classy! The size 0 was way too tight - I would take my usual size 2 for this one (I typically size down in shift dresses etc but take a 2 in dresses like this).
This lace detail dress has a totally different vibe but I like it. This one at off 5th is white but also slightly less fitted which I like. Or if you like maxi length, this one is very similar but full length - fun!

Classic V-Neck Cardigan Sweater (XXS, XS)
I feel like I'm always on the hunt for cozy but nut not bulky cardigans and this one fit the bill. If you want a more streamlined look and don't mind extra fitted arms, size down. If you like things to just graze your body do your normal size. I like it both ways so I actually got this one in the XS for a little more slouch and another one for a more sleek silhouette. The sweater is super soft and cozy and I'm hoping it won't pill like crazy but of course it probably will ;) Joe Fresh makes this cute one in the same color for only $20. Madewell has been my go to for sweaters lately and I like the drapey look of this sweater and the classic look of this cardigan.

Did you do any shopping over Black Friday?

2 comments:

  1. The lace panel dress looks lovely! I wish the classic v-neck was just merino- it would be perfect! You hear that, J Crew?

    By the way, I'm wearing the plaid maxi shift today that you found for me on sale at anthro and put aside forever ago. That was super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That makes me so happy - I was always wondering if you decided to buy that!
      I hear you on the wool - no one makes quality sweaters any more - everything I buy pills within 2 wears.

      Delete