Friday, September 11, 2015

Madewell Review: Ryder Sweater, Leather-Trim Tee Dress, Daywalk Shirtdress, Silk Fable Dress et al

I haven't been super inspired by Madewell recently. The whole oversized drapey look can be so hard to pull off, especially when you're busty and you really need a little cinch at the waist to prove you have one! But, I love some of what I saw online and just *had* to peek in the store the other day. Plus I love their customer service - their SA's are so nice and always willing to go the extra mile.

Shapemix Lariat Necklace
Of all the jewelry I've purchased in the past few years (which granted is not much, I'm a bit of a jewelry phobe) the majority of what I actually end up wearing is Madewell. They just do edgy fun jewelry so well. This one missed the mark for me a bit. Too long and a bit blah. I'm really interested in the look of this one - a bit more delicate. Really dying over this one. I've been craving a layered necklace that I don't have to do myself and I think this may fit the bill. Of course this one has become a classic at Madewell and I must admit that I wear mine quite often.

 Ryder Cardigan Sweater (S), you can also buy it here for less.  Weird.
Hmm, yeah. I know this is a size up for me but still - CRAZY big. David Byrne style. On a good note, the knit is the most delicious soft yummy thing ever. And the color is great and very this fall.

 Leather-Trim Tailored Tee Dress (XS)
Cute cute cute. It has shape and yet is not fitted. I would say it's slightly a-line. Very comfortable on and just chic and simple. If I needed another black dress I would be temped. I might consider the XXS but I didn't want this to be grabby anywhere. If you're looking for long sleeves, this little number by Vince is adorable and so casual cool.

 Daywalk Shirtdress in Fairfax Plaid (XXS), also in Blue Buffalo Check as the Latitude Shirtdress and in Kemp Plaid
Oooo I wanted this to work. I love plaid, shirtdresses and flannel so all of them combined in one item is like a dream for me. I didn't mind the "nightgownishness" of it but... the pockets. Dang it. They really added bulk. I suppose you could have them taken out but that just seems silly. Definitely size down on this one. This one is SO SHORT but oh my do I love the plaid. This version from Off 5th looks more refined than lumberjack. I've never heard of this label but I like the look of it and Yoox is offering 20% right now!

 Silk Fable Dress (size 2) in Geometric Brick
The color! Divine. It is a great little dress, TTS. It's simple, elegant and makes your waist look small. The detail at the bustline is something I don't need and I think my ample chest size is maybe throwing the top off balance. See that weird poufing out in the back? I'm not sure how to explain that :)

 Eyelet Lovesong Dress (size 0)
Ok. This was $29.99 + 30% off + educator discount. It is too tight at the bust but I took a gamble that it would fit fine when I finished nursing because it is so freakin' cute. LOVE it. Love white eyelet and this is just simple, sweet and comfortable. Madewell always does lots of cute stuff in eyelet and I wish I had seen this dress because the shape looks awesome.

 Anthem Short-Sleeve Scoop Tee (XS) in Heather Poppy
Cute and comfy, nice drape. I did walk out with several tees. This one in two colors and this one in one color. The first is going to be my new go to tee. I might buy a bunch more. It just feels perfectly slouchy and cool for a t-shirt without looking sloppy. I'll try to post pics later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reviews! I liked a lot of the same things. I didn't have a problem with the pockets on the shirtdress, but I didn't size down so maybe that's why they didn't show too much? Isn't that sweater the comfiest thing ever? I hope it won't pill - I bought it! But most of my Madewell sweaters pill so my expectations are low. I love that it has pockets!

    ReplyDelete