Tuesday, February 24, 2015

J. Crew Flannel and Tee Shirts

Flannel. It is everywhere this winter and I want it. So cozy and just the right balance of masculine and feminine. There are a lot of different plaids to check out so if you take your time you can really find what you want. I'm really loving J Crew plaids but not so much the fit. Wish I could find both - can it really be that hard? I own this one from Brooks Brothers and it definitely fits the bill! Just enough of a boyfriend fit and a really nice, thick, soft cotton flannel! Would love to check out this one too. Isn't the check so lovely? A dressy enough flannel - I think I could wear it to work.

Painter Boatneck Tee (size S) in Heather Pepper
I do tend to stock up on t-shirts during sale time. I like the painter tees - not too thick but not thin like the vintage cotton ones. Also like the wider neckline on this one - imperative for me with my current bust size. I found this particular shade of grey to be a bit blah and too close to white for my taste but overall I like the fit. I always size up with these shirts.

 Shrunken Boyshirt in Cerise Plaid (size 2)


Here is a perfect example of liking the bad but feeling meh about the fit. The plaid is lovely in a nice shade of red with navy. The fit is weird. Overall the shirt is a little short and almost feels like it has a slightl trapeze shape. I like it better with the half tuck -but who am I kidding? It's going to stay like that for about 2 minutes. Also not very flannel-y, just cotton-y. Not sure about this one. 

Boyfriend Flannel Shirt in Dark Plaid (size 0)

This plaid I ADORE. The orange and grey is a lovely combo and the flannel is super duper soft. The reviews ain't lying when they say the shirt is cut REALLY high on the sides. I think it would lay better if this huge slits weren't there. I don't mind the flap pockets because they lay pretty flat. This is a size down from my normal and I'd say it fits fine but I might prefer my normal size. I think it's flattering enough but I would definitely prefer it if the slits were lower. Hmm...

 Linen-Cotton Long-Sleeve Tee (size S and XS) in Heather Pewter
Found this on the sale rack - love it. Not exciting but I really like the curved hem and the open neck. The drop shoulder is unnecessary but it doesn't bother me.


Here's the extra small which also fit fine so I'd say it is TTS. Excuse the lump where my belly button is. That's my good ol' umbilical hernia from being pregnant. Ugh. My only reservation with this shirt is that it is a teeny tiny bit scratchy because of the linen content.

That's it for now. What has been your favorite flannel this season?

1 comment: