Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gap Reviews: Cable Knit Sweater, Lambswool Sweater and 1969 Always Skinny Cords

I don't shop at the Gap very often except for my daughters. I love their kids clothes. The cottons are usually very soft and they really hold up over time. Lately though, I've been exploring some of their offerings for me as well. A lot of the quality and fit is way off but there are some gems if you keep digging. Here's what I recently found:

Cable Knit Sweater (size S) in Ivory Frost
I've been a little bit obsessed with finding a cable knit slouchy ivory colored sweater. So, this isn't slouchy but it is ivory and cable knit and I think quite cute. I like the vertical pattern at the tummy because it feels like a little shield for my post-partum belly. The cable pattern is well placed and well done and I love the color. I sized up and am glad I did (tried on the XS in store and it felt too short and snug) - mostly because of the length. The sleeves are a bit too long but they lend themselves to folding over. The sweater is thick without feeling bulky. It is a mix of wool, cotton and the dreaded acrylic but I didn't mind it. Right now this sweater is in store for the clearance price of $4.97! Unfortunately my local store only had XS.

 Lambswool Sweater (size S) in Blue Heather


There is nothing wrong with this sweater. It's not particularly thick but I thought the lambswool was fine. What I didn't like was the neckline - SOOOO high. Not flattering in my opinion. Otherwise it is basic and cute and I like the little notch sides.

 1969 Always Skinny Cords (size 26) in Port Wine
I am always on the lookout for cords. Living in New England, I wear them for like 9 months of the year! This are so great. The fit is perfect in my usual size 26. I particularly love the fact that are a bit thicker. Not bulky thick but thick enough not to show every lump and bump. As you can see the length is great on my 5'4" frame and there is no gapping at the waist at all. I have not worn these out yet so once I do I will update my review to include how much they sag and bag. This color is great - I wouldn't call it particularly wine-y - more deep brown. Gorgeous. Loveth.

What have you found at the GAP lately?


1 comment:

  1. I also went on a quest for a ivory cable sweater this season. I tried on a number of sweaters from Madewell, J.Crew, and Gap. I ended keeping the Madewell Cable-Front sweater in Antique cream and the Gap Cozy Crewneck in French vanilla.
    There were happy comments from petite bloggers about the Cable knit sweater running small.

    ReplyDelete