Friday, January 2, 2015

J Crew Sale Review: Drapey Tops and Sweaters

Trying to churn these reviews out for those of you considering the 40% off, although without final sale it's not as much of a risk!

I agree with a lot of people over at J Crew Aficionada - J Crew really missed it this winter. I picked up a few basics but not much at all of interest. My husband went there to shop for me for Christmas and couldn't find one thing that he thought was attractive. That's not good. I have found a few keepers lately - mostly easy pieces for work that fit my still recovering body :)

I review the regular size one down below. The regular is WAY too long on me - and I'm 5'4". This is perfect - good bum coverage and drapey without looking ridiculously overwised. My hubs thought the pocket looked odd on my chest - it does pull a little awkwardly because of the ample bosom but I still really like the laid-back vibe of this one. Tempted. The color is so nice and neutral. Throw on a sassy blazer and skinny pants - check done.

Roll Sleeve Sweater (XXS) in Heather Orchid

I was drawn to the color which is more of a dusty plum in real life. It's ok, but not really doing anything fabulous for my body. It's an XXS and still fits rather generously.

Crepe Cap-Sleeve Top (size 2) in Brilliant Sea
This would be very nice for work but something about the poly just made me think cheap cheap cheap. Wish it doesn't have the pleat down the front - otherwise the shape is pretty nice.

Classic Silk Blouse (size 2) in Peppermint ice
Here's the regular silk blouse. The length is ridiculous for anyone my height and under. The pink is a more pleasant tone in real life but still too pink for my taste.

Lambswool Pointelle Sweater (XS)
I actually liked this one. The pointelle detail is sweet and provides a little shaping. The knit itself is not to my liking - too big - again I think it looks a little cheap. I was tempted because it's on super sale but passed in the end. TTS

Sleeveless Drapey Top (size 0) in Navy
This is a great, very simple little top. I'm appreciate things that fit in the chest and sort of flow down. My pregnancy tummy is not recovering quite as fast as it did last time and I don't want to spend my days sucking it in. The sleeves are a little masculine but I think with a patterned cardigan this could be great for work. Thinking it might work with my Cove Floral Pants as well. Definitely size down. I usually wear a size 2 and even with super huge nursing boobs I fit well into a size 0.


Voile Popover in Liberty (size 2)


I apologize - the link is to a voile popover in another liberty print because this print is sold out. I was so excited to catch this on popback only to be super disappointed in real life. The print is rather drab and the color is not my favorite. The "bib" detailing around the front makes it looks really matronly. And the length! I love length but this is too long. Boo.

Tiny Shooting Star Earrings

I guess these sold out because they are no longer on the website. I love stars but these were too long. I was hoping they were a bit too delicate. I felt like a silly 80's teenager. If you're willing to shell out some dough, you can always get these instead.

That's it for now. Sadly J Crew did not add to my winter wardrobe that much. However, surprisingly, Brooks Brothers Red Fleece did! I will try to post some reviews of those items shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment