Saturday, January 17, 2015

Anthropologie Review: Handknit Star-Stitch Cardigan

I can't believe Anthropologie is doing 40% off sale right now! We haven't seen something like that for several years (last I remember is that crazy 50% off Black Friday deal they had 2 years ago?). Online looks pretty depleted but stores still seem to be stock full of merchandise. Lucky for me I just placed a few orders and was able to get some PAs. Yahoo for awesome customer service.
Anyway, here's something I tried the other day...

Handknit Star-Stitch Cardigan (XS) by Angel of the North
I had been eyeballing this one in the catalog and online. The back is really beautiful and the stitches are thick enough that I wasn't afraid of it pulling. Overall, the sweater is very very stiff. I wasn't actually sure I was going to be able to get my arms in. Yet, the shape is so frumpy. I couldn't really figure out how to wear it so that it created a nicer shape. I guess I could have crossed it in the front and put the pin lower. There are some really nice elements to this sweater but I think the execution is a bit off. Nonetheless, it's a much more palatable price with the 40%.

What are you hoping to buy during this sale?


1 comment:

  1. I always love these kinds of sweaters, but they don't always love me back! This one looks just a little too long for most, but I do love the pin.

    Dammit I'm totally desiring the Andaz maxi dress now, and I blame you :) I wonder if it would be worthwhile to call and see if any stores have it...sigh...

    ReplyDelete