Wednesday, July 2, 2014

J. Crew Factory Review: Long-Sleeve Stripe Tee Dress and Intarsia Stripe Anchor Crewneck Sweater

Since there will most likely be a lot of % off sale this weekend, I'm going to try to get a bunch of old posts up. We have had the most glorious summer here so far in the Northeast and then woah... this week has been H-O-T. I normally don't mind hot so much, but with the bun in the oven I am melting like the wicked witch. Thus, excuse the to-the-point reviews but that's about all I have in me right now!

Factory Long-Sleeve Stripe Tee Dress (XS)
I reviewed this before but decided to try it again because it was 40% off and came to something insane like $16. After all that I decided it barely looked like a glorified nightgown and while it's comfortable, just isn't anything special. Plus the material is quite thin. I think the navy stripe would be cuter and less Wee Willie Winkie.

Factory Intarsia Stripe Anchor Crewneck Sweater (XS)
I always regretted not getting the retail cashmere version of this and this sweater makes me still regret that. The cotton feels cheap to me and while I think it's cute enough it's not exactly doing me any favors in the boob/bump department.

 Factory Intarsia Stripe Anchor Crewneck Sweater (S)
The small was definitely a better fit but still sort of harsh. All the colors seem stark or garish or something. I would love to have seen it done in more of a subtle way.

I have a bunch more coming and will try to get them up over the course of the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment