Friday, January 24, 2014

Madewell Review: Perfect Chambray Ex-Boyfriend Shirt and Night Lace Tee

Whenever Madewell has a big percent off sale, I just scour the sale section for promo-priced items. I do have a local Madewell store (yay) but sometimes prefer to shop online for convenience. I've been wanting to try out these two items and figured there was no better time than during a promo:

Perfect Chambray Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Ferrous Wash (XS)

Excuse the strange phallic symbol in the last photo. I've been trying to take photos in the bathroom because I can't find anywhere in my house with a mirror and good lighting. I will resolve my problem at some point. Anyway, as far as chambray goes, this shirt is great. The fit is slouchy enough without being sloppy, the material is soft and the length is generous (which I like for potential tucking in or butt coverage). The wash is very light. I keep on trying to get into the chambray trend and I just can't quite get there. Maybe because I did it the first time in the 80's?

 Night Lace Tee (XS)


I liked this quite a bit although my husband gave a thumbs down. The fit is body-skimming and very comfortable. Love the little keyhold at the back. There is a slight pleating at the neckling which is usually a no-no for me but it worked fine in this shirt. The only thing I didn't like was the metallic thread running throughout the shirt. Not even really metallic - it looked like plastic. In fact I believe the SA likened it to garbage bag material. I would have liked this shirt better without the sparkle or with a true sparkly thread instead of plastic. Just saying. Otherwise, overall a very cute lace blouse with a built in cami.

What do you think of these Madewell Items?

No comments:

Post a Comment