Thursday, December 12, 2013

J. Crew Review: Colorblock Waffle Sweater, Silk Diamond Tile Skirt, Jeweled Cluster Sweater, Red Tartan Popover and Patch-Pocket Pencil Skirt

Luckily, my holiday shopping is mostly done. Thank goodness - I tried to brave a mall on Saturday and sadly gave up after about 15 minutes. I really enjoy shopping for gifts but not with a thousand other harried people! This past week has mostly been about updating all forms of identity. I realized my license was about to expire so I bravely went to the DMV to renew it. Lo and behold, I need a Social Security card to do that. I lost mine about 10 years ago. When I go to the Social Security office I realize I need a passport to get a card. When I look at my passport I realize it expired a year ago. Oy vey. Long story short, after much running around, I got everything fixed but woah - when it rains it pours! It's been one of those weeks that I am thankful to be living in a small city instead of back in NYC where a trip to the DMV basically requires having the day off. Hopefully in a week or 2 I will have some proper forms of identification.... Anyway, here are some reviews I've been meaning to post.

Collection Cashmere Colorblock Waffle Sweater (XS) in Acorn Dusk Burgundy
This is so cozy and comfortable. The only cashmere I have from J Crew is the featherweight cardigan which I bought last year when they accidentally listed it at a very inexpensive price online. I love that little cardigan. I have washed it twice, in the washer, on warm, by accident, TWICE - and it still looks great. The fit of this one is slightly "boyfriend"and I like that. The 3rd picture is trying to show the cute little line on the sleeve. Overall cozy and cute.

 Vintage Sweatshirt (XS)
I LOVE a good sweatshirt and this one is quite cute. The band at the bottom is wide which I really like - very flattering. My only hesitation is the "batwing" situation going on. Besides that, it is a perfect little sweatshirt.

 Silk Diamond Tile Skirt (size 0)
Nothing I have to have at this moment but I liked it. My usual size 0 fit quite well so no need to size up in this. The length is also modest for someone of my height. The pleats lay very well and the colors are quite pleasant.

 Jeweled Cluster Sweater in Lavender (XS)
I'm a bit over the "put a jewel on it" thing that J Crew has going on (as well as many other retailers). This fits fine but I just don't feel the need for jewels or 3/4 length sleeves.

 Red Tartan Popover (size 2)
This red tartan is so perfect I can't even stand it. The colors (which are poorly represented in these photos) are gorgeous! Unfortunately, I do not love the popover shape on me. I really need a nice nip/tuck at the waist so I don't look like all breast and no shape and this does not really provide that. It is absolutely adorable though and holiday-looking without being something that you would ONLY wear over the holidays.

 Patch-Pocket Pencil Skirt (size 0)
I was surprised to like this lot. I feel it fits a little small for my normal size (as you can see in the bum shot). Nonetheless, it was quite comfortable and I really liked the edgy little zippers on the front. They add interest without bulk. It is very form-fitting and sexy but I don't think I would size up. I prefer the fit of this to the normal No. 2 Pencil Skirt.

Looks like 30% is here to stay. Anything you're looking to pick up?


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing that colorblock waffle sweater and hoping for a bargain price. I didn't buy the colorblock cashmere sweater last year and kinda regretted it. The patch pocket skirt is also on my list to try. Thanks as always for the tryons. You are a huge help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I bet the sweater will popback after Xmas with a lower price and percentage off. it is so cozy. I could see myself throwing it on a lot with some skinny pants. I also like the color combination they picked out.

      Delete
  3. Also, you need not worry about "Blood Diamonds" as the makers of the app offer its customers and jewelers to inspect their supply chains. Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this way, the store is making a profit, because you will forced to add extra money to the 'store credit' you have been given to purchase a new item, and they will gaining a new piece of jewellery or new diamonds they can sell to other customers. If you simply want cash for your items, this is not the best choice for you. sell diamonds phoenix az

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considered as the leading gem in a wide array of valuable stones, the diamond is said to last forever. In contrast to the diamond's strong character is the very simple form it has deep within. Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete