Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Anthropologie Review: Fractured Maze Midi Skirt

Two years ago, during the extra 50% off sale madness at Anthro, I bought a long sleeved cotton stretchy maxidress. It was so not my style but I wanted an excuse to wear a glorified nightgown to work and call it fashionable. Well, I have gotten so many compliments on that dress. And it's so darn comfortable. Ever since, I've been on the hunt for another winter maxi dress or skirt. I don't always think they're the most flattering on 5'4" me but I love the idea of wearing a skirt without having to do tights when it's cold. Lo and behold on a quickie return trip to Anthro the other day I found this:

Fractured Maze Midi Skirt (XS)
 The print is a bit bolder than what I am used to doing on my bottom half but I think it's really fun. The skirt is super comfy and all lined so warm enough for some winter wear if you throw on some boots and a nice chunky sweater. What I love most is there is no silly fold over waistband (which somehow never works) just a nice thick band of material. Plus, the overall shape is quite simple and straight - not too much a-line. Somehow the placement of the pattern and the seams is overall flattering as well. The length is perfect for winter (don't want to be dragging around my skirt in the snow) and the pattern could almost be considered sort of "snowflake-y"

Need to try it on with some tops and sweaters but I think this might be a cozy winner.

Do any of you own this skirt? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how you style this skirt

    ReplyDelete