Tuesday, March 12, 2013

J. Crew Reviews - More New Arrivals!

Ah, spring at J Crew. It is most definitely still winter here but every time I step in J Crew I forget that. Liberty is at its best this season and I'm just trying to decide which print I have to have and how long to wait for it!

On a side note, I have lost some weight recently (about 8-9 pounds which is a lot on a shorty like me). I am not saying this for any other reason other than I seem to be in between sizes right now. While this is no big deal for me if you are reading my reviews for sizing information this may be good to know. I know I rely heavily on others blogs for sizing and fit help and I would want to know if my "online fit model" had changed sizes a bit. Nuff said.

Eyelet Top  (size 2) in white
This top is utterly adorable and reminds me of all that fantastic eyelet that Louis Vuitton but on the runway this year. I would say it fits TTS/slightly big but that's more because of the slightly blousy/swingy shape than anything. There is no give and I would not want it to be too tight in the shoulders. This shape is all wrong for someone like me who is busty but small waisted but I do think it is a very sweet top.

 Unknown Ridiculously Adorable Rainbow Striped Cashmere Sweater (XS)
Collection Featherweight Cashmere Tippi Sweater in Candy Stripe (XS) in Snow Multi
When it comes to rainbow colors I am all kid. There was another version of this sweater with even cuter colors. I'd say it runs slightly snug as this is an XS and I might even want to size up to a S for a more relaxed fit. It is so soft that it doesn't feel like cashmere at all - more like silk. It is also something ridiculous like $258. 

Silk Butterfly Blouse (size 2) in Academic Green
I really like the shape of this shirt - it is definitely a slimmer cut than the Blythe or Silk Boyshirts. It was almost pulling a bit across my chest in my normal size 2. The silk feels somewhat more synthetic than other silk blouses I've tried on this year. The print felt way too Forever 21 to me. I wish they would do this same shape blouse with a more sophisticated print. 

Pleated Short in Structured Cotton (Size 2) in Pacific Turquoise
These shorts hit promo almost the minute they were on the website and were on promo during the 40% off sale. I almost bit until I read about the inseam - 3 inches. Nope. Not for me. The size 2 was way too big in the waist.

 Pleated Short in Structured Cotton (size 0) in Pacific Turquoise


The size 0 fit like a glove and they are quite adorable, almost dressy shorts. Again, I just can't do a 3" inseam but if you like this length these are a great, dressier option. Color is beautiful.

Collection Liberty Cafe Capri in June Meadow's Floral (size 2)
The Cafe Capris are really running large this year. These look okay in the picture but I felt like I was swimming in Liberty print - and not in a good way! I think the print are all lovely but if you are going to this much print on your bottom half, I think it looks better if the cut is slimmer.

 Cafe Capri (size 0) in Dusty Bouquet
 These fit great everywhere except the waist. I don't think I'd purchase this color but I was drawn to it. It's a really pretty, pale shade of pink - lighter than these pictures.

Cafe Capri (size 00) in Dusty Bouquet 
These are clearly too tight, and I won't even show you the back view, but the waist finally fits! I think I have to face facts that the Cafe Capri is just not going to work for me this year unless I want to tailor the waist, which I don't. Cute pants though, maybe I should try the Scout Chino?


Liberty Toothpick Jean in Tresco Floral (size 27)
I wasn't even going to try these on because I thought they were so ridiculous. Well, after I put them on I loved them. I think possibly more than the shirt. If you wore them in the winter with boots and a big oversized sweater and in the summer with a crisp white shirt or slouchy neutral colored t-shirt? Maybe I'm just in a Liberty daze :)

Jules Dress (I forget the pattern name) in size 2
Ah elusive Jules Dress, why won't we ever be friends? I think I've tried EVERY iteration of this dress and NONE of them work. Alas. I was revel in others success with this style.

Anyone else have luck with the Cafe Capris or Scout Chinos?

5 comments:

  1. Darn you- I am an equivalent 8 or 9 pounds up these days- I must have taken your extra! That being said, i'm very happy you think the butterfly blouse runs small- I found the 2 just ever so slightly snug also. I think i'll just wait and seewhat happens salewise in the future- pretty expensive but I loooooooove it so!

    You need some floral denim- which is it going to be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with J Crew waist bands on pants. I usually have to get them always taken in by my tailor. I wonder if this is a universal problem? I bought the scout pants last summer and had to have them altered in the waist and once that was done I loved them. Matchsticks, toothpicks, shorts, every pant I've ever bought from J Crew has this issue for me......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the striped cashmere sweater! I remember seeing that on net-a-porter a while ago, but is sold out v quickly.
    T hanks for your reviews. Café capris don't fit that well on me either. Too tight in the legs and baggy around the hips...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and the fresco liberty jeans look great - I think they'd be a mood-lifting wardrobe piece all year round

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice green shorts, I found the same on this site Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete