Sunday, March 10, 2013

Anthropologie Review - 2 New Arrivals

Oh how I love walking into a newly stocked Anthropologie. All the new clothes just scream spring and it keeps me hopeful while the snow continues to pour down outside :) The colors are beautiful, but I am noticing that some of the styles are leaning more towards the hippie-dippie oversized stuff that doesn't work on my body. Here is a quick review of two things I tried:

Pintucked Ponte Dress (size 4) in Red

This color is so vibrant and the material is that lovely stretchy ponte knit that I love to wear. The shape however is a bummer. Granted this is one size bigger than my norm, but still. This dress is getting a lot of love online but I didn't like the drop waist at all and the hips are too poofy. Again, in the correct size maybe this would be improved. This dress would work better on a taller less curvy lady in my opinion.

Fontes Blouse (XS) in Orange
This blouse comes in 3 color ways and I am happy to see that it is silk at a decent price point! Very easy breezy and the colors are delicious. I think it looks particularly attractive from the back and am very appreciative of it being printed on both the back and front! The slight pleating at the top makes the side view looks a little pregnant but overall this is a lovely, comfortable, affordable little silk top.

Will be back with more later this week!


1 comment:

  1. Ooooo Love the dress! I really like the shape actually, very lady-like. And the stretchy material sounds like a dream for a comfortable summer dress :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete