Monday, February 18, 2013

J. Crew Reviews - more new arrivals!

A few more J. Crew items for your consideration. I am calling them new arrivals because they are new to me and my store but I realize some of these may have been out for a while.

Peter Pan Merino Sweater in Stripe (XS) in Silver Ivory
Will be adorable on some. Not my style at all. Fit like your basic Tippi Sweater. Sort of don't understand this new trend of sewn on collars. Perhaps will be enlightened by end of season.

Cafe Capri in Dot (size 2)
 Normally cafe capris don't work on me at all - wrong proportions. These I liked. I polka dots are so cute and subtle. I prefer the way the 2's look in the rear - although I suppose they will stretch out a bit - but the waist (as you can see in the 3rd picture) was really gapping.

Cafe Capri in Dot (size 0)
Sizing down cured the gap problem and I think overall these might fit a little better. I don't like the rear view as much but am assuming that would look a bit better as I wore them and they stretched out a little. Clearly they need to be worn with something other than clogs. I am truly lazy :) I will definitely be investing in a pair of these at some point. I can see them being in constant rotation this summer.

Anyone else have to size down in the new cafe capris?





8 comments:

  1. Good to know about the cafe capris! I bought my usual size last year and they got true to size. Can't comment on this year. They are super cute tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cafe capris look adorable! How do you find the rise? J.Crew says it's 'their lowest rise' but I am unfamiliar with their pants and I don't have a local store to trek to to check them out in person. The rise on these capris don't look too low from your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also like to ask, if that's okay, what your bust size is. I feel like I found my size twin in you (in that I'm about the same height and weight) but I'm still unsure whether a size XS/2 would fit me in most things. Either way I still enjoy seeing these reviews from you, they're really helpful for someone who can't shop at the B&M stores! So thank you!

      Delete
    2. The rise was definitely not super low. Below the belly button but not on the hips.
      I'm so glad you enjoy the reviews - that's great that we're size twins! I would be happy to share my bust size but prefer not to do it on my blog so if you want to reply with your email I will send you a private message :)

      Delete
    3. Sure thing, I understand! My email is cricri.phan@gmail.com Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your reviews! I love the polka dot café capris. I have to say I think the 0 looks fab on you - they're a much better fit than the 2s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ruth, Thank you so much for your comment! I'm hoping these make it to sale because I think they would be quite versatile for work and play!

      Delete