Monday, January 21, 2013

J. Crew Review - Girls' sequin Faux-Wrap Skirt

I've never done the Crewcuts thing for myself but they had a size 14 of this skirt and it was 50% off and I love sequins so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Girls' Sequin Faux-wrap Skirt (size 14) in Navy


So close! The skirt actually fit fine in a size 14 because of the elastic waistband and nice give to the material. The sequins are nicely sewn on and the length wasn't too crazy short at all! I even loved the little bow detail on the waist and the slight a-line shape. But, there was something off about the fit (I'm sure this had more than a little to do with the fact that I am not built like a 14 year-old girl). I just felt a little lumpy at the top. I think those with slightly straighter figures could definitely get away with this one - and it's so inexpensive! I did end up getting one for my daughter who loves all things sparkly for about $15 after discounts.

Anyone else have success with Crewcuts?


2 comments:

  1. Yes! I bough my denim vest from Crewcuts and love it :) I think its a great way to find things if you are small enough, and not to mention they are usually a lot cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bump is because your waist is much smaller than your hips, so there is a bubble effect between the waist and the hips. If you wore something long enough over top, you wouldn't even notice it!

    I definitely wear crewcuts tops and sweaters, the size 14 fits me very well, and often, because of the shorter length is better for my shorter torso!

    Definitely do more dipping in the future...you are very small on the bottom if you can fit a size `14, they would have to make a crewcuts size 20 for me to even consider it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete