Thursday, March 8, 2012

Zara Reviews - Blouses

I've only shopped at Zara once in my life - I had some time to kill and they were having a huge sale. I bought a cute little trench coat but besides that I remember feeling like their stuff was overpriced and cheaply made. Cute ideas, but the fit was like H & M - too straight and tight for a curvy lady! Nonetheless, I have been on the hunt for cute, flowy, feminine blouses and I was drawn to the Zara website. With free shipping and returns I knew I had to give it a whirl. Here are the results:

Shirt with Front Teardrop Opening (size S)



The colors on this were a little bit different than I expected. Nonetheless, I sort of love it. The material is sheer but not totally see-through and I love the subtle puffy shoulder and keyhole neckline. The S feels good but roomy and I am curious what the XS would feel like. It seems to be out of stock so I may never know... :) Even though it's polyester, it didn't bother me.

Polka Dot Printed Blouse (size S)
The idea is there and the fit is wonderfully slouchy but I don't like the white with black polka dots. I think the blue colorway would be nicer. This polyester bothered me a bit more because it was more static-causing and satiny feeling than the other blouse. Still, super cute. Just too pajama-y on me.

 I appreciate Zara's simple descriptions - printed shirt with bow. Why, yes, it is. The print is really fun. Please excuse the lovely sweatpants I am wearing. Long day at work and too lazy to change. Wanted to show the shirt tucked in because I think it really needs to be worn this way. In this photo I am wearing the shirt with several buttons undone and the bow loosely tied.

Buttoned to top with bow (I found this to be a little tight on the throat)

With 1 button unbuttoned. 
Overall it's a really cute, retro-looking blouse. The S fit well in this blouse - if I took a smaller size I think it would be too tight in the shoulders. 

Overall, I'm really liking Zara's offerings. Anyone else have some favorites?

5 comments:

  1. They are all pretty but that poly content is killing it for me. I can't wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please enter my giveaway here for an e-gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floral bow top is really cute. I love the free shipping from Zara. I've placed a couple of orders since they started selling online last year. Thanks for sharing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great review you have provided here, must give you many Thanks!!! I was hoping to find a better description/review since yes the website does not give a great review :-) so yours helped me make my decision! Question - do you own or have u tried on any of their blazers? if you have would you say that you would wear the same size as the blouses, like a size S? I'm trying to figure out what size blouse I should buy....Thanks for any feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered the bow blouse in sz M. I am normally S in JCrew. Wonder if it's going to be too big? Did you keep yours?

    ReplyDelete