Saturday, November 12, 2011

J Crew Reviews - Going Wild!

I'm still sure if I am bold enough to wear leopard/cheetah print on clothing. Love it on accessories. For your consideration:

Natasha Top in Wildcat (size 2) and High Waisted Skinny Jean in Night Owl Wash (size 26)


Normally, anything with the description "high-waisted" does not work for me. I am very short-waisted so high waisted things end up looking like something between empire and grandpa. Maybe it's because I sized down in these jeans. Sometimes I am 26, sometimes a 27. The 26 was tight for sure but I think it would stretch over time. They didn't have a 27 for me to try on. I think they are super cute. The Natasha Top (which does not seem to be online in the Wildcat print) was not so great. It runs slightly large and the armholes were definitely gaping.


 Jules Dress in wildcat (size 2)

After seeing Audreybella try this dress on here , I knew I had to as well. It is divine! Fully lined, drapey, delicious. The background color of the print is not so lovely with my skin tone so I am beyond excited that they just released this dress in fresh strawberry. I would prefer something cooler-toned like blue but maybe the fresh strawberry color won't be psychedelic. I would also like to try on a size 0 but am a bit worried about the length. Really lovely piece!

Goldmine Sweater (size XS) on sale for $89.99


Oh how I love gold anything! And this is a perfect shade of gold. It is akin, however, to wearing a brillo pad. Well, maybe not that bad but the metallic thread is really stiff and itchy. It is a shame because I am in love with the color and shape. I am not in love with the price, even on sale.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all of these on you. Wow! Esp. the first outfit. It makes me want to go out and try those jeans, and then I remember, baby belly, lol. :)

    The Jules dress is also fab, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I don't have the nerve to wear animal print clothing. But, of everything I've seen, the Natasha top has the best potential. It's a cute style and not too much print. I think it would be great peaking out from a jacket.
    I was wondering if it ran large. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting these reviews - they're very helpful. :) I think the Jules dress looks terrific on you. Now I'm also excited to see the strawberry color version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wear it, I spent the 90's draped in it, and I find it so vulgar now, but over here it's associated with brassy barmaids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kitty dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABC - thanks! I actually just ordered the Elodie blouse in tall based on your fabulous idea/review on your blog!

    Bourbon&Pearls - high-larious. I know what you mean. My sister went through a huge leopard phase and I've never been able to look at it the same way since

    Rose - Thank you! I love that shape. Very similar to an H&M dress I bought this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Dina - tee hee baby belly. Yes. I used to be so curvy and although I still have a large bum it is a straighter shot from waist to hips to thighs than it used to be. bummer. The jeans do a nice job of sucking it all in however.

    ReplyDelete