Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Anthropologie Reviews - En Route Blazer, Full on Floral Skirt, Loose Stripes Cardigan, Nape-Tied Tank

The extra 25% off sale at Anthro has been absolutely irresistible. After spending most of the past year gathering some real wardrobe staples from J Crew, it's been really fun to add a bit of whimsy from Anthropologie. I'm still figuring out how to incorporate it into my wardrobe but for your consideration...

En Route Blazer (size XS) sale price $49.95




I had tried this on in a size S in store and then found an XS. To be honest, I almost like the way the S fit better but I would say the XS is the "correct fit". This blazer is SOOO soft. Unbelievable. And I love the cuffed 3 quarter sleeves and the brass nautical buttons. The shoulder pads are a little much but when I look at the pictures I don't notice them that much. I might take it to my tailor to see if they could take out the pads and if that would make a difference (i've taken out shoulder pads before only to have the jacket lay exactly the same). On the fence with this one but kinda love it.

Loose Stripes Cardigan (XS) in grey motif


This was one of the items my husband got me for our anniversary. My initial reaction was not so positive but I revisited it on sale + 25% and I kinda like it. it feels so easy breezy and looks great over skinny jeans. I like it open and draped in front. Don't know how much warmth it would actually provide but I don't have anything else like it in my closet...

Nape-Tied Tank (XS) in stripe?

I really wanted the blue motif but it was totally sold out. Kinda love the different color stripes since it doesn't feel so nautical. It fits in this perfect drapey way. For $14 I think I'll wear it all next summer. Great with a little pair of shorts.

Unknown Sale Sweater by Sparrow


I can't even explain why I'm drawn to this sweater. The sweet open boatneck? The 70's vibe? The soft cotton? The sale price? I know the color isn't doing tons for me but the wide waistband is very flattering and I like the sleeves.

Full-On Floral Skirt (Size 2) $49.95 sale price

I've really wanted to engage with the whole midi skirt trend - but it's tricky! Too long is frumpy, too short is neither mini or midi and fit is paramount. Clearly this tank is not what I would pair with it. I'm thinking crisp white shirt and thick belt. The cotton on this skirt is awesome - thick so it lays beautifully. Nice big pockets that are off the side seams so they also lay well. The pattern is bolder than I usually go for but I like it. Wish the white flowers were less prominent. Overall, a really fun take on the trend.

Anyone else grab some goodies with the extra 25% off?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of cute items. I love that boatneck sweater too. I don't remember seeing it on-line.
    I do remember the striped jacket. I've been admiring that one for a while.
    Thanks for another great batch of reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maryeb! I like the stripe jacket a lot too. it was a good price with extra 25% off and I think it is better than J Crew's Maritime blazer which did look great on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops I meant DIDN'T look great on me. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt!!! I know what you mean about the white flowers, but I kind of like that about it. They're not muted at all and it makes the pattern more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks, Gigi! I sort of love the skirt too. It is way out of my comfort zone but I'm realizing it's time to shake it up a bit. It's definitely a statement piece (at least in my wardrobe).

    ReplyDelete