Monday, August 29, 2011

J. Crew Silk Elodie Blouse Review

J. Crew has released a number of silk blouses recently and I am really biding my time to figure out which one will a) look the best on me and be in style the longest and b) make it to sale. I have already professed my love for the Silk Blythe in Extravagant Green but I'm a bit concerned about the longevity of that color.

Silk Elodie Blouse (XS) in Grafitti Green. In my pictures the green almost looks like the Dark Slate color of the Blythe or Sophie blouse. In real life, it is definitely green but darker, more forest, than the online picture. The XS was definitely a generous fit but I'm not sure I could have sized down on this one. As the online description states, the silk is slightly different - washed silk. I would call it 'sueded' as it has an almost suede-like feel to it. I have a feeling that this silk would wrinkle less and stand up a bit better than the Blythe Blouse silk. I like the ease of the collar, the buttonless pockets on the front and the extra buttons on the cuff. I think the cuff adds a more feminine detail to the blouse that is necessary since the rest of it is a bit plain.  However, I wish it had the subtle shirring at the shoulders that the Blythe has - that detail is very flattering. I did notice that in the new Blythe blouse description that J Crew comments that they added two more inches to the length - an added bonus over the old version.

The last picture is the Blythe blouse in Black in a size 0 for comparison.




Which silk blouse is your favorite this fall?



3 comments:

  1. I bought the Elodie in that same color and promptly returned it. I bought it in my regular t-shirt size and felt somewhat shapeless. But I think if I sized down it would have been too tight on my chest (and I'm only a B cup). My main reason for returning it was the button placement where it gaped open so much that I'd have to put a tape to block others from seeing my bra. Also, the sleeves felt long as well and I'm not petite. It was so not worth FP and I think I'll try other silk blouses JC has to offer. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see the two blouses. They look very similar. I think I prefer the Blythe, personally, as mandarin collars aren't too exciting on me. The green you tried looks nice. I agree w/JCrewPhd. $110?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the Blythe too... I got the navy and ivory colors on final sale but did pay FP for the lovely green color. I've been wearing them with everything! (And am now officially not allowed to buy another silk blouse!)

    ReplyDelete